Principal Investigator: Dr. Jens Gammeltoft Gerwien, Tcell Biology,
Novo Nordisk (NN) is a healthcare company and a world leader in diabetes care. The company has the broadest diabetes product portfolio in the industry, including advanced products within the area of insulin delivery systems. In addition, Novo Nordisk has a leading position within areas such as haemostasis management, growth hormone therapy, and hormone replacement therapy. Novo Nordisk has also a strong commitment in developing novel therapies in chronic inflammation and autoimmunity with specific interest for RA, SLE, IBD and MS. With headquarters in Denmark and Inflammation Research Centers in Måløv (DK), Seattle (USA) and Beijing (China), Novo Nordisk employs approximately 30.000 full-time employees in 76 countries, and markets its products in 179 countries.
Interests of centre leader:
– Autoimmune disease patho-physiology.
– Identification of novel antibody, protein or peptide drugs for autoimmune disease and chronic inflammation.
– Development of predictive animal models, development of in-vitro assays, explant models and evaluation/identification of clinical biomarkers.
– Develop and implement Novo Nordisk Inflammation strategy with respect to disease focus
– Identification of new targets
– Running state of the art human Tcell/Treg laboratory
– in-licensing of pipeline projects and scouting
– establish network and academic collaborations.
Possible contribution by NN:
– In-vitro cell based assays, explant model development and analysis.
– Micro-array, siRNA, deep sequencing platforms and bio-informatics.
– Animal models of autoimmune disease.
– Clinical biomarkers and early clinical trials
Expertise: Expertise in new target validation & drug discovery.