Principal Investigator: Tadimeti S. Rao
Other key individuals:
• Legal and Contract : Eric Dichter, Patent Attorney & David Soloway, Sr. Sourcing Manager. (Both of them have prior experience with the UBIOPRED initiative)
• Business Planning: Beth Ann Thomas, Immunology Strategy & Business Planning (SBP) & Arlene Young (Immunology Research & SBP)
• Health Care Compliance (HCC) Review Team: TBD
• Signing Representative: Aart Butier, Managing Director, Centocor BV, Leiden
• Scientific Representative: Dick de Vries, MD (Clinical Pharm; Centocor Europe; Leiden)
Description: Johnson & Johnson is a global pharmaceutical company that embraces research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people which is reflected in the diverse portfolio of marketed products for the treatment of immune-mediated diseases, CNS disorders, oncology, infectious diseases and cardiovascular diseases. SIMPONI™ (Golimumab), REMICADE™ (Infliximab) and STELARA™ (Ustekinumab) are approved for the treatment of diverse immne-mediated diseases such as RA, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Ulceraive Colitis, Crohn’s disease and psoriasis.
Interests of centre leader: Gain a better understanding of immune-mediated diseases, pathophysiology, identification of novel therapeutic intervention strategies. Predictive animal models and translational drug development (biomarkers, biobanks)
Role: Contribute to J& J Research Immunology strategy and execution with respect to therapeutic area focus, new targets, drive pipeline projects and academic collaborations.
Potential J& J Contribution: Animal models of autoimmune disease, Clinical biomarkers, Data Warehousing and project management
Expertise: Expertise in new target validation & drug discovery.
Multi-centre trial experience: Focus on pre-clinical research & early clinical development.